Sunday, September 12, 2010

Great reads

I have been sadly amiss from my blog and all of yours. I think my creativity went an extended holiday, maybe even to a different planet! So all I have been doing is reading, reading and more reading. Oh and that pasky little thing called work! I have gone through a gazillion books(Pretty sure that's a real measurement). I thought I'd pass on a few of my recommendations in case anyone is interested.

First and foremost (After Twilight of course) is the Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater. I believe it's actually called the Wolves of Mercy Falls. I instantly fell in love with the love story between Grace and her part-time wolf boyfriend Sam. Shiver is followed by Linger, a much anticipated sequel where Grace and Sam's love is tested by a surprising turn of events. Soon to follow will be Forever due out in Summer of 2011. I cannot recommend these books enough nor can I hardly contain the yearning for the third one!!!

Second on my list is Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, soon to be followed by Crescendo, in October of this year. Fallen angel meets great MC with lots of twists and turns that keep you hanging!

Next is Uninvited by Justine Musk. I must say I wasn't sure how I would like this book when I first opened it up but it sucked me right in and I finished it in the hours of my second night of reading it!

And for a fourth and final, I recommend Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. You will cry so be prepared, but it was such a new and different story line I just loved it!!!

I miss all of you and our friendly little chats. I will return someday, I hope!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Shiver and have Linger coming soon. Haven't read the others yet, but they're all on my wishlist!

    Hope you're keeping well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shawna!

    Sounds like a good list of books.

    Wanted to leave you an AQ update, in case you haven't heard - AQConnect has moved to an entirely different site. All of us have had to register just like newbies, but everybody is there now. The web address is agentqueryconnect.com, if you feel like dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Shawna. Missing you and hope you're either lost in a great book or your newest manuscript.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ladies! Nice to hear from you! Thanks for the AQ Update Layinda, I haven't made it over to the new site yet...someday.....Did you read thsoe books yet Jemi? They are right up there with Twilight for me! Ah thanks Cat! I sure am missing all of you too! I wish I had the time and creativity to be writing but it has sadly not returned to me yet! *sigh* Reading I can do! I have a new list of recommendations also! I'll have to get another post up one of these days!

    ReplyDelete