Thursday, February 18, 2010

Rewrites...

And so it begins...#3 complete rewrite Of Chasing Forever, but I am truly inspired this time! I have a plan and I'm not afraid to use it! I love this new direction my characters are taking and can't wait to let it flow! Stay tuned for snippets of chapters as they are complete :)

I am anxious to get this all under way, Stealing Forever is screaming at me to have a turn.

How many times did you rewrite before you were finally happy? Did you do complete overhauls or just parts here and there? Any advice?

Oh recently read of a great book called Writing the Breakout Novel by Donal Maass. Supposedly it is very helpful for us first time writers. I plan on buying it sometime soon. Has anyone read it? Is it helpful?

Good day all, the weather is beautiful here in Oregon and I just can't complain!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I'll ever get to the point where I think it's ready!

    I did a bazillion rewrites on the ms I've got marinating. I wrote it without a thought towards attempting publication, so it was way over-written.

    I'm on my 3rd draft right now with my current ms. Much closer than I was on the last one after 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am writing my second MS, but the first is still in rewrites. I wonder if it will ever really be done?
    I'm a lot more careful writing the new MS, trying to avoid as much editing this time around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, re-writing. I'm right there with you. Glad to hear your re-write is going well. I'm having a tougher time with it but am getting there. My other issue is I devote zero time to, what WAS my WIP. So, those characters are waiting patiently and I'm hoping to get things moving at a faster pace with Lane & Finn. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly, I am never truly happy. I think it's a defense mechanism...

    Seriously, though,I edit at least a dozen times before things really set well.

    I'm glad your rewrite is exciting right now. It makes it hard to tackle when it seems a chore instead of an adventure.

    Best luck~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I edited so many times I lost count. Like Jemi my first ms was written without much thought for publication. Then came ten (or more) rounds of edits. *heavy sigh* But it was worth it. (I think) :)

    ReplyDelete