Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Anniversary to me!!!


Today is my 10 year anniversary! Now I know you're all thinking, "But she's way to young to be married that long!" Thank you, but I'm not!

My husband and got on a plane and headed to Vegas a mere 10 years ago (We did not elope) and had a 5 minute ceremony with the cutest litte french minister at the Candlelight Wedding Chapel. We have had our share of ups and downs, the loss of a child, and the birth of 2 beautiful babies! There were many times when it just seemed like nothing could go right, but it all worked out...eventually.

Now I am happy to say that after 10 years, he is still my best friend, he is my love and I wouldn't trade him for anything (ok maybe a million buck-JUST KIDDING...kinda) No really though, maybe it took 10 years of growing and maturing, of pain and struggles to appreciate that what I have is truly what I want.

I believe women live in a world where they think fairy tales really can come true. That there really are men like in romance novels who will ride in on their white steeds and rescue them from the everyday mundane. But I'm afraid there really isn't!

My fairy tale has turned into having a man that I love enough to share my life with and who is my best friend share in the mundane, everyday things. I want him to grow old with me and watch our children grow up and have kids and spend all those days together doing the things we enjoy! I can't think of anything better!

I love you honey!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, that's so sweet! Congrats on 10 years. May you have many more to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad to know you're enjoying real life - so many people look for the fantasy and are never satisfied. Enjoy the day and the rest of your lives together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss Shawna, I have something for you over on my blog. Go check it out and have a great weekend! Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete